PREP: 10 FREEZE; 1 HR TOTAL: 1:10 SERVES: 12
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour (can sub for rolled oats, oat bran or quick oats)*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (can sub for almond or extra oat flour)**
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and a dash of ginger)
- 1 tsp espresso powder OR instant coffee
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sunflower butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (use maple syrup for paleo option)
- 1 T + milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)***
- Cinnamon and granulated sweetener of choice, to coat bites in (optional)
- Coconut butter, to drizzle
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, protein powder, sweetener, espresso powder, pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, heat your nut butter with your sticky sweetener until combined. Mix in your vanilla extract. Pour your wet mixture and pumpkin to the dry mixture and mix well. Depending on consistency, either add milk of choice or extra flour until a firm texture is formed.
Transfer to lined tray and freeze for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Once firm, cut into bars and coat in cinnamon/sweetener mixture. Drizzle with optional coconut butter and enjoy!